What is the purpose of the Committee?
The Committee meets each week the Assembly is sitting and members of the public are welcome to attend.
How does it work?Some of the areas that the Committee is responsible for are:
- the Budget for Northern Ireland;
- Land and Property Services (including domestic and non-domestic rates and rates policy);
- building regulations and energy efficiency;
- reform of the civil law, including equal marriage;
- European Funding such as PEACEand Interreg
How can I get involved with the work of the Committee?If you want to get involved with the work of the Committee, you can respond to their inquiries, which will be published on their Committee page and read the Minutes of the meetings, as well as any Evidence Sessions. You may also request to give evidence, if you or your organisation is affected by the issues that the Committee is discussing, including Bill inquiries by contacting the Clerk of the Committee.
You can watch the Committee meetings on the live stream on the Assembly’s website and access the ‘Watch/Listen Again’ the day after the meeting.
You can follow the Committee on Twitter @NIAFinance
You can also contact the Committee by writing to the Clerk;